Instructions for US Citizens or US Permanent Residents living outside of the US

Background Check Information for International Tutors

  • If you do not live in the continental United States, once you receive your fingerprint cards, you will need to have your fingerprints taken in ink at a US embassy, consulate, or through a local law enforcement agency. Please ensure all documentation is recorded in English.
  • Upon mailing back your completed hard copy fingerprint cards, please ensure that you attach the correct postage for the envelope to be properly returned back to the United States. Please follow the reimbursement process that is outlined in the instructions page for each state. You will be reimbursed for costs associated with your fingerprint processes, including the out-of-pocket expenses related to international postage.