Be on the lookout for emails from Gusto (tax1099.com) and/or WorkMarket by the end of January regarding your 2022 1099-NEC documents. Please be advised that the Tutor Success team is unable to help with tax questions, tax planning or tax preparation questions. You should connect with your tax professional for support.
Per IRS guidelines, BookNook is required to issue form 1099-NEC to contractors for payments of $600 or more over the course of the calendar year.
In September, we transitioned from Gusto as our payroll processor to ADP-WorkMarket. Payroll data was NOT transferred when this transition happened. (You should still be able to access historical payroll information within Gusto as well as current payroll information within Workmarket.)
- What does this mean for you?
It is possible that you will receive 2 different 1099-NEC’s; one for Gusto (sent by tax1099.com) and one through ADP-WorkMarket. (see question 2)
- Will I receive a 1099-NEC and from where?
- If you made $600 or more between January 1st and September 7th, you will receive a 1099-NEC for Gusto sent by tax1099.com.
- If you made $600 or more between September 22nd and December 31st, you will receive a 1099-NEC through ADP-WorkMarket.
- Is there a paperless option available?
-An electronic copy will be attached to the email that will be sent from Tax1099 Support with the subject line: Tax Document from BookNook, Inc. To access this digital copy, please follow the detailed written instructions included with the email.
- A paperless option will be available in your ADP-WorkMarket account. For technical support accessing your paperless 1099-NEC please contract WorkMarket directly at: 212-229-WORK (9675) or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Where will my 1099-NEC be sent/how will I be notified?
- Communication concerning your 1099-NEC for Gusto will be sent by tax1099.com to the email address and mailing address that were on file for your Gusto account.
- Communication concerning your 1099-NEC for ADP-Workmarket will be sent to the email address and mailing address that are on file for your WorkMarket account, and can also be accessed in your profile on this platform.
- I did not receive $600 or more in compensation in 2022 from BookNook. Will I still receive a 1099-NEC?
No, you will not receive a 1099-NEC from BookNook. You will need to work with your tax professional to handle your taxes per federal and relevant state laws.